• Samsung introduced ten new Android-based multi-function printer (MFP) models to the European market at IFA 2014 with a more independent, intuitive, and scalable design for all types of business environments.
Samsung Announces the World’s 1st Printer Powered by Android™
New models are designed to be independent, intuitive and scalable for businesses users
Samsung Electronics announced ten new multi-function printer (MFP) models to the European market at the ‘Smart MultiXpress’ Unveiling Event taking place at IFA 2014, in Berlin. The MFPs are the first printers of their kind to be equipped with an Android operating system, and are designed to be more independent, intuitive and scalable for all types of business environments.
As part of Samsung’s focus to develop printer solutions that seamlessly fit into the IT and Smart office ecosystem, the new Android based MFPs will feature Samsung’s Smart UX Center to operate independently without a PC, app scalability, and a consumer friendly UI.
“As Samsung continues to strive for user-centered innovation, the introduction of the first Android OS-equipped MFPs will enhance Samsung’s smart office experience for business customers and allow for greater multidimensional and advanced printing technologies,” said Dr. KiHo Kim, Executive Vice President of Printing Solutions at Samsung Electronics. “Our new printer line combines Samsung’s best in class IT technology and OA device know-how to create more innovative products for the new office automation market.”
Printing without a PC
The new Samsung Smart MultiXpress series of MFPs each feature a 10.1-inch full touchscreen panel that enables users to search and print from web browsers, emails, maps, images and other types of content – without the need to connect to a PC or server. The touchscreen also offers the ability to preview documents, as well as editing and annotating capabilities.
"As our B2B customers’ work styles and processes continue to become more mobile and untethered from PCs, Samsung will continue to provide new printing solutions that feature intuitive user interfaces, superior performance, and above all else, increased efficiency and productivity for the mobile and fluid workplace,” said Dr. KiHo Kim.
User Friendly UX and Personalization
The new Smart MultiXpress series MFPs feature Samsung’s Smart UX Center – the same touch-based, customizable UX technology featured on the Samsung Galaxy® line of smartphones and tablets. The Smart MultiXpress series MFPs are also considered the industry’s first application of haptic technology that re-creates the sense of touch with vibrations for a more tactile user experience.
Extensible and Limitless Connectivity
Android OS empowers the Smart MultiXpress series MFPs with limitless printing app scalability – similar to smartphone technology – and allows on-the-go connectivity through the Samsung Cloud Print, reinforcing both the connectivity and scalability of the range.
Furthermore, all Smart MultiXpress series MFPs are compatible with Samsung’s XOA (eXtensible Open Architecture) printing solution platform, and can be customized to meet specialized business needs.
Improved NFC Printing Technology
Additionally, the new MFPs have now been upgraded to NFC Pro to meet the changing needs of the B2B market. By adding the new Samsung NFC Pro accessory (available and sold separately), the new MFPs allow easy access from smartphones for mobile printing, a stronger user authentication process, and improved IT administrative functions, such as the ability to easily “clone” the same security settings on multiple MFPs just by tapping on the NFC Pro accessory.
High Quality and Reliable Technology
The launch of Samsung’s Smart MultiXpress series of MFPs will both increase business customers’ efficiency and productivity, as well as provide even faster document processing speed – output speed is up to 1.5 times faster than previous 1GHz single-core CPU thanks to its 1GHz dual-core CPU – and enable multiple users to print and scan large documents without disruption.
In addition, the Smart MultiXpress series MFPs offer longer lasting toner and drum technologies – thereby extending the lifespan when compared to similar models – resulting in superior reliability and lower total cost of ownership.
Samsung Smart MultiXpress Series MFP Models
The Smart MultiXpress series MFP comprises ten new models from four different printer categories, including:
• X4300 series of A3 Color MFPs: The X4300 series of A3 color MFPs consist of X4300LX, X4250LX, and X4220RX models with an output speed of 30, 25, and 22 pages per minutes (ppm) respectively. X4300 series are equipped with Dual-Scan ADF technology, enabling them to scan up to 100 double-sided images per minute (ipm) for color and up to 120 double-sided ipm for mono. All models are equipped with Samsung’s Rendering Engine for Clean Page (ReCP) technology and Polymerized Toner, proving sharp, vivid, glossy professional color quality. The X4300LX model MFPs have a print capacity of up to 85,000 pages per month, with 23,000 pages for black and white toner and 100,000 pages for drum.
• K4350 series of A3 Monochrome MFPs: The K4350 series of A3 Monochrome MFPs consist of K4350LX, K4300LX, and K4250RX models with an output speed of 35, 30, and 25 ppm respectively. The K4350 series MFPs are equipped with Dual-Scan ADF technology, enabling them to scan up to 100 double-sided ipm for color and up to 120 double-sided ipm for mono. The K4350LX model MFP has a print capacity of up to 85,000 pages per month with 35,000 pages for toner. Drum has an output of 200,000 pages.
• M5370 series of A4 Monochrome MFPs: The M5370 series of A4 Monochrome MFPs consist of M5370LX and M4370LX models with an output speed of 53 and 43 ppm respectively. The M5370 series MFPs are equipped with Dual-Scan ADF technology, enabling them to scan up to 80 double-sided ipm. The M5370 series MFPs can print up to 300,000 pages per month with 30,000 pages for toner. Drum has an output of 100,000 pages.
• M4580 series of A4 Monochrome MFPs: The M4580 series of A4 Monochrome MFPs consist of M4580FX and M4583FX models with an output speed of 45 ppm. M4580FX is sold through the OA channel and M4583FX is sold with the IT channel. The M4580 series MFPs are equipped with Dual-Scan ADF technology, enabling them to scan up to 60 double-sided ipm. The M4580 series MFP can print up to 200,000 pages per month and 40,000 pages for toner. Drum has an output of 100,000 pages.
*All functionality features, specifications, and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.