- Samsung expanded its home entertainment lineup with its new multi-room offering and integration of wireless and multiroom technology and plans to unveil them at CES 2014.
- Samsung Shape Wireless Audio-Multiroom System are flexible speakers that can be used alone or wireless with other Samsung products.
- The HW-H750 Soundbar delivers 320W sound. The HW-H600 Sound Stand provides 4.2-channel sound, ranging in size from 32 inches up to 55 inches. Both of them can be wirelessly connected with the TV via Bluetooth.
- The MX-HS8500 GIGA System is the world’s first main body-integrated component audio system on wheels.
- Samsung HT-H7730WM Blu-ray Home Entertainment System delivers true 7.1-channel surround sound with only 6 speakers.
Life and Design are Now in Tune with Samsung’s Home Entertainment Lineup, Unveiled at CES 2014
Design and engineering combine for an easy-to-enjoy entertainment experience throughout the home
Samsung Electronics announced an expanded roster of audio products, all aimed at elevating the entertainment experience across the home.
Building on the 2013 launch of the Samsung Shape Wireless Audio – Multiroom System, Samsung has greatly expanded the ways consumers can enjoy superb sound in every room of the house with its new multi-room offering and integration of wireless and multiroom technology across its 2014 flagship soundbar, Blu-ray player and home entertainment system products. The new product line reflects the growing demand for solutions that offer consumers the ability to manage multiple audio sources.
CES 2014 introductions include:
- The addition of the entry-level M5 speaker to the Samsung Shape Wireless Audio – Multiroom system. These speakers can be used alone or wirelessly with other Samsung products to create custom audio home systems.
- Samsung’s stylish and versatile Sound Bar and Sound Stand products offer vivid and consistent sound as well as space efficiency through innovative design and engineering. Under a TV, Samsung’s ultra-slim technology and elegant design maximize surround sound and deep bass performance for rich and clear sound.
- Samsung’s MX-HS8500 GIGA Sound System, the world’s first component audio system to integrate the main system and speakers, is ready to rock the house. With integrated wheels that maximize mobility, booming sound and synchronized lighting effects, the GIGA turns any setting into the hottest club in town.
- The Samsung HT-H7730WM Blu-ray Home Entertainment System is an experience not found anywhere else. It’s a one-of-a-kind 7.1 channel system with virtual 9.1 channels that only Samsung can provide, thanks to its exclusive integration of the DTS Neo: Fusion II codec. Carbon Nano Tube speakers combine with Vacuum Tube Digital Amplification to provide sound that’s warm and natural, yet amazingly powerful and clean.
“Samsung’s latest additions in audio technology give consumers big, high-quality sound that is easy to incorporate into their entertainment experience,” said Jim Kiczek, director of digital audio and video at Samsung Electronics America. “This year’s lineup will deliver not only great sound and breakthrough design but also the flexibility of wireless support to take the home entertainment experience to the next level.”
Expand the music experience with the Samsung Shape Wireless Audio – Multiroom system
The Samsung Shape Wireless Audio – Multiroom system enables music lovers to enjoy tether-free entertainment in any room of the house, from various music sources. The flexible speakers can be used alone or in combination with the Wireless Audio – Multiroom Hub and additional M7 or new M5 speakers to create a multi-room, multi-channel surround sound system.
Easy plug-and-play installation makes network set-up a breeze between Samsung AV products: simply connect the Shape or optional Samsung Hub to a router, plug in, and download the free app to effortlessly control multiple speakers and audio sources from a smartphone.
The Shape offers visual harmony within any room environment. Its unique design affords a wide variety of placement choices, allowing it to fit snugly in the corner of the wall as if it were custom-designed for the space. It can also be positioned vertically or horizontally for maximum versatility.
Samsung Soundbars Enriched TV sound with elegant low-profile hardware
Samsung’s HW-H750 Soundbar amplifies any home entertainment experience with 320W of great sound. Delivering full cinematic and lifelike sound to enhance the home theater experience, the Soundbar combines the warmth and natural sound of analog with the latest digital audio technology to deliver a rich and powerful sound. With its sleek, metallic design, the HW-H750 is destined to look as good as it sounds paired with a large screen TV. The unit also is compatible with Samsung’s growing roster of Shape Wireless Audio-Multiroom products to further expand music options in the home.
The HW-H600 Sound Stand is designed to fit under TVs ranging in size from 32 inches up to 55 inches. Its Multi-direction technology provides rich 4.2-channel sound in a sleek, low-profile (1.4”) design. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a bedroom TV, or a main TV in a smaller space, where a complex sound system won’t fit.
Both the Soundbar and the Sound Stand make it easy and convenient for consumers to set up a wireless connection with the TV. They also support Samsung’s TV Sound Connect feature, which outputs TV audio through the devices via Bluetooth. This greatly simplifies and streamlines installation of either system at home. With Bluetooth, consumers can connect either device to a variety of mobile devices and experience the same great, lossless sound.
Be the host of the party with the MX-HS8500 GIGA System
As the world’s first main body-integrated component audio system on wheels, the MX-HS8500 GIGA System goes anywhere big-time sound and incredibly versatile mood-altering lighting are in demand. At 2500W, the MX-HS8500 offers portable heart-pounding power that is more than enough to rock the entire house with amazing sound.
An array of superbly engineered speakers gives the MX-HS8500 its booming voice. Cloth wave edge technology lightens the weight of the vibration system and increases the sound pressure level, creating exceptional audibility that’s both potent and punchy. Also, with a multiplex pulp speaker diaphragm, Samsung achieves both the stiffness and elasticity essential for strong and clear bass sound. The 15-inch subwoofers reach way down to 35 Hz to make party-goers feel the bass lines deep within their bones. Whatever mood the environment calls for, the MX-HS8500 delivers with a host of lighting effects. Eight different DJ effects, including a panning feature that can be combined with seven more effects, provide 15 ways to create just the right ambience.
Even when the party’s over, grab the handle and keep going! Sports fans and movie lovers can wirelessly connect the MX-HS8500 to supporting Samsung TV to create an immersive sound adventure with no loss of sound quality, thanks to Samsung’s new proprietary Bluetooth Hi-Fi Codec.
The HT-H7730WM Home Entertainment System – High-definition sound for High-definition TV
With a stunningly expansive sound field and audio technology exclusive to Samsung, the HT-H7730WM Home Entertainment System delivers a sonic boom in home entertainment with a host of key features. Partnering with leading digital audio developer DTS, Samsung is the only consumer electronics brand to offer the new DTS Neo: Fusion II codec for 2014. This truly state-of-the-art technology creates virtual 9.1 channel output by interpolating source material and turning it into an auditory experience with such depth and direction that the listener can’t help but be swept into the action. Imagine the sound of helicopters approaching, flying overhead and then departing in the distance behind the listener as if standing directly below. Such directionality is made possible by Samsung’s expansion of the sound ceiling from just the front to the rear as well.
Powering the HT-H7730WM is an amplifier that gives listeners the best of two worlds – the warmth of analog vacuum tubes and the power and efficiency of digital amplification. Discerning listeners will appreciate the natural, full-range sound with virtually zero distortion and no active-induced clipping.
The impressive tallboy speakers house not only midrange drivers and tweeters, but also front height speakers that can be angled upward to create height channels that enhance the immersive surround sound experience. As a result, true 7.1-channel surround sound is achieved with only 6 speakers (2 tallboys, 2 wireless rear satellites, 1 center and 1 sub-woofer.)
The system’s Blu-ray player features Samsung’s proprietary UHD Upscale Processor, which generates true-to-life pictures with vivid colors. The HT-H7730WM offers twice the resolution than that of conventional 1080p video, and is capable of upscaling standard-definition and high-definition content to Ultra-High Definition (UHD) – four times the resolution of 1080p – making it compatible with UHD TVs. This UHD upscaling capability also means that HT-H7730WM owners will be ready for the next generation of television viewing.
To see these and more new Samsung home entertainment products first-hand at CES 2014, visit the Samsung booth #12004 in the Central Hall. Samsung Electronics America’s press releases, product images and video content are available at www.samsung.com/newsroom and www.samsungces.com.
*All functionality features, specifications, and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.